The Lodges dates from 1821 – and was built as the ‘Manse of Assynt’ – home to the church minister for the whole parish of Assynt. The former Assynt Parish Church is located in Inchnadamph – although unused since 1974 it was restored about 10 years ago and now used for occasional events.
The Lodge was extended around 1900 and often used as an annex to the nearby hotel during the first half of the last century. It was substantially extended in 1937 and subsequently used as a shooting lodge by various wealthy families.
By 1995 it has fallen into disrepair after lying empty for 6 years. Following renovations in 1996 the Lodge opened for guest that summer
Inchnadamph Lodge prior to the 1937 extension & alterations.